I thought this seemed like an interesting way to serve spinach. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1984)
- In a large saucepan cook spinach in 2 cups boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Drain again and squeeze dry.
- Chop spinach coarsely and set aside in a deep serving dish.
- In a small skillet over high heat toast sesame seed until light brown (2-3 minutes)and then sesame seed to a mortar and crush with pestle.
- Stir in soy sauce and sugar.
- Toss sesame seed mixture with spinach and serve.