1/1 Photo of Spinach With Sesame Seed
I thought this seemed like an interesting way to serve spinach. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1984)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan cook spinach in 2 cups boiling water for 2 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2Drain again and squeeze dry.
- 3Chop spinach coarsely and set aside in a deep serving dish.
- 4In a small skillet over high heat toast sesame seed until light brown (2-3 minutes)and then sesame seed to a mortar and crush with pestle.
- 5Stir in soy sauce and sugar.
- 6Toss sesame seed mixture with spinach and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach With Sesame Seed
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.1
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 844.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g