Spinach With Roasted Sesame Seed Dressing
- Toast the seeds in a dry, small frying pan over a medium heat.
- Set 1 tsp of the seeds aside and blend, process or grind the rest until smooth.
- Mix with sugar, sauce and dashi in a jar and shake well until sugar dissolves.
- Wash spinach well.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and immerse the spinach for 30 seconds.
- Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Wrap the leaves in a bamboo mat, roll firmly and gently squeeze out the extra water.
- Place on a plate and top with the dressing.