Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great with chicken, lamb or fish.
- 2 bunches fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 dash lemon juice
- Clean the spinach thoroughly.
- Grill the pine nuts until golden brown, watching carefully so as not to burn.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and toss in raisins and spinach.
- Drain as soon as spinach goes limp.
- toss in olive oil and lemon juice, and scatter with the grilled pine nuts.
This was good, but it just lacked "something" to make it a 5 starer for us. It was nice with the crunch of the pine nuts, and the sweet of the raisins, but maybe it needed more than just a dash of the dressing ingredients, and a good hit of salt and pepper and maybe some nutmeg to finish it. I plan to keep tweaking this one to suit our tastes, so thanks for another great veggie recipe Eve.
Love that it's so lightning quick to put together! I omitted the olive oil and didn't miss it even a little bit. Instead of cooking the spinach in a pot of salted water (and losing all it's nutrients in the process), I cooked it in a saucepan along with the raisins and 1/8 cup water, which worked out just fine. This is a great way to dress up plain ol' spinach. Thanks Evie! :-)