Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe comes from the Journal of Italian Food & Wine (c) Holiday 1994.
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisins or 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh spinach or 20 ounces frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- lemon wedge, to garnish and spritz over spinach
- Soak the raisins or currants in warm water for 10 minutes and drain well.
- Wash the spinach, leaving some water clinging to it. Heat the oil on low in the skillet. Add the spinach and cover. Stir occasionally, coating with olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Uncover and let the water evaporate.
- Chop the nuts. Add the butter, raisins and nuts to the skillet and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve on a small warm platter.