Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of my favorite things to make. It's super easy and very flavorful.
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- salt and pepper
- crouton, to serve (optional)
- Place raisins in small bowl. Cover with boiling water and let soak.
- Rinse spinach well, then shake off surplus water but do not dry the leaves. Put spinach in large saucepan. Cover and cook until spinach wilts. Uncover and cook until excess moisture is evaporated. Chop coarsely. Drain raisins.
- In a skillet, heat oil. Add pine nuts and garlic and fry, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown. Stir in spinach and raisins, season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat 5 minutes. Serve as-is or with croutons sprinkled over the top.