Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- Spain/Portugal.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 59.14 ml pine nuts
- 59.14 ml blanched slivered almond
- 453.59 g freshly cooked spinach, drained and finely chopped (or 2- 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained)
- 59.14 ml finely diced serrano ham (or proscuitto, 1 oz.)
- 4.92 ml salt
- In a heavy 10-12 inch skillet, heat the olive oil over moderate heat until a light haze forms above it. Add the garlic and, stirring constantly, cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and discard it. Add the pine nuts and almonds to the oil remaining in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they are slightly brown.
- Add the spinach, ham, and salt and toss together with a spoon until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and heated through. Taste for seasoning and serve at once.
Great flavors and textures. I used one fourth the oil, four times the garlic and left it in (hey, it's a Spanish recipe!), just a sprinkle of salt and prosciutto that I crisped in the oven (as in Fig and Crispy Prosciutto Salad). Everything goes together swimmingly.
This is one of my favorite recipes I've made on ZWT! Just perfection on a plate. I've used one nut or the other, but from now on, I'll use both! Thanks for sharing!