Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- Spain/Portugal.
Make and share this Spinach With Pine Nuts and Almonds (Espinacas Con Pinones Y Almo recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 59.14 ml pine nuts
- 59.14 ml blanched slivered almond
- 453.59 g freshly cooked spinach, drained and finely chopped (or 2- 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained)
- 59.14 ml finely diced serrano ham (or proscuitto, 1 oz.)
- 4.92 ml salt
- In a heavy 10-12 inch skillet, heat the olive oil over moderate heat until a light haze forms above it. Add the garlic and, stirring constantly, cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Remove the garlic with a slotted spoon and discard it. Add the pine nuts and almonds to the oil remaining in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they are slightly brown.
- Add the spinach, ham, and salt and toss together with a spoon until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed and heated through. Taste for seasoning and serve at once.