Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
A lovely side dish with the crunch of pine nuts (which I love!). Very quick and simple to make, also.
- 19.71 ml olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 453.59 g spinach leaves, well rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 19.71 ml lemon juice
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 29.58 ml toasted pine nuts
- In a large deep skillet cook garlic in the oil for about 1 minute; do not burn.
- Add the spinach in batches, and cooked until just wilted and bright green, about 5 minutes total.
- Remove skillet from heat and add the lemon juice and season to taste.
- Serve garnished with toasted pine nuts.
Couldn't be simpler to make. Just the right proportion of seasonings for me. Delicious.
Nice recipe, but just a little to lemony for our tastes. I've made this twice now, once as is, and the second time I first sauteed a medium onion, then added the garlic when the onion was soft, and cut back on the lemon juice. Used a lot more pine nuts than called for, with us it's not a garnish, it's a food staple!
Delicious! Quick, easy and attractive.