Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very healthy recipe that bursts with flavor! This is one dish that I make, even when I'm not on a restricted diet! If you love spinach, try this out. It is wonderful with chicken or fish. Note: Please don't make this unless you love garlic, the garlic taste is what makes the dish!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place olive oil, garlic, and water in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Once skillet is hot, add spinach. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Stir and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Adjust heat to low or simmer. Add pine nuts. Cook covered for 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes, if desired. Cook one minute more.
A nice twist on plain spinach. I used less salt and toasted the pine nuts.
Delicious!! I added quite a bit more garlic and added a pad of butter also. Loved the pine nuts and red pepper flakes. Made for Zaar's Newest Star Tag Game 2012.
Wonderful preparation for spinach! Loved all that garlic and for me the best part was the kick from the red pepper flakes. Thanks for sharing your recipe!