Recipe by breezermom
A very healthy recipe that bursts with flavor! This is one dish that I make, even when I'm not on a restricted diet! If you love spinach, try this out. It is wonderful with chicken or fish. Note: Please don't make this unless you love garlic, the garlic taste is what makes the dish!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place olive oil, garlic, and water in a skillet on medium high heat.
- Once skillet is hot, add spinach. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Stir and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Adjust heat to low or simmer. Add pine nuts. Cook covered for 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes, if desired. Cook one minute more.