Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty side dish to serve with meat or other vegetable dishes.
- 2 lbs spinach
- 1 cup rice
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 lemon, juice of, only
- 3 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat oil and fry onion until golden.
- Add dill, spinach salt, pepper and all the water.
- When boiling add rice and cook over a low heat until no water is left.
- Pour over lemon juice and stir to serve.
I didn't intend on giving this recipe any stars. I accidentally gave it 3 stars This recipe needs to be worked on. I made it 2 times and both times it just didn't work out. By the time the rice gets done, the spinach is way overcooked. It was very soggy. I think the spinach needs to be cooked in a separate pan and when it's almost done, added to the rice just before the rice is finished cooking. Let them finish cooking together. It does taste good. Especially with the lemon juice on it. That gives it a nice flavor. I am going to make this again and see what works best. Feel free to zmail me if you want me if you have any questions. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring '08.