Recipe by SneakhealthinAK
This is a great recipe I got off of a Turkish cookbook blog. So easy and so yummy even my 3 yr old liked it.
Top Review by KateL
Please see my rating system, I cannot give more than 3 stars when the directions refer to onions not listed in the ingredients (I used 1 medium onion). I also think a cooking time should be given after layering the spinach. With spinach on top while cooking, it is impossible to see the rice unless everything is moved around. I gave it 30 minutes. (I made 1/4 of Recipe #294358 #294358 for the paste and thought it was was too mild.) For this recipe, I liked the Garlic Yogurt Sauce on top; to help the shopping list, "garlic, yogurt sauce" should be entered as "GARLIC YOGURT SAUCE:" We enjoyed this dish, as we both got seconds. If this recipes is revised, please let me know so I can adjust my rating. Make for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.
- 2 -3 cups Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper paste
- 3 tablespoons crushed canned tomatoes
- garlic, yogurt sauce
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt (I prefer Greek)
- 1 clove garlic minced. mashed with salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion with olive oil and butter for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat in the medium sized pot.
- Then add the ground beef, salt and pepper, then stir. Cook together until the colour of the ground beef turns to light brown.
- Add the rice, tomato, red pepper paste and crushed tomato, stir again.
- Place the spinach all over and close the lid.
- Cook on medium heat until the rice is tender without adding water.
- Place the dish in a service plate and put a couple of spoons of Garlic Yogurt Sauce over the top.