1/1 Photo of Spinach With Ground Beef
This is a great recipe I got off of a Turkish cookbook blog. So easy and so yummy even my 3 yr old liked it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups Baby Spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons rice
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper paste
- 3 tablespoons crushed canned tomatoes
- garlic, yogurt sauce
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I prefer Greek)
- 1 clove garlic minced. mashed with salt
- 1Saute the onion with olive oil and butter for about 2-3 minutes on medium heat in the medium sized pot.
- 2Then add the ground beef, salt and pepper, then stir. Cook together until the colour of the ground beef turns to light brown.
- 3Add the rice, tomato, red pepper paste and crushed tomato, stir again.
- 4Place the spinach all over and close the lid.
- 5Cook on medium heat until the rice is tender without adding water.
- 6Place the dish in a service plate and put a couple of spoons of Garlic Yogurt Sauce over the top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach With Ground Beef
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.9
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 177.4 mg
- Sodium 286.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 46.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red pepper paste