Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The crispiness of the pancetta and the bold garlic flavor complements the green spinach without consuming it. This is a fast and delicious side dish for almost any meal. If you want to add some kick to this then try adding some pepper flakes or add some cayenne pepper.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch spinach (about 1 pound)
- 1 lemon
- 1. Prep the ingredients. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot and glistening, add the pancetta and stir to break it apart. Sauté until the pancetta starts to brown, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 2. Add the spinach and toss to coat it with the pancetta and garlic. Sprinkle lightly with black pepper. Cook, stirring once or twice, until the spinach turns bright green, 1-3 minutes.
- 3. Add about a tablespoon of water or white wine to the pan, scraping the bottom to release any browned bits. Cook until almost all the liquid evaporates and the spinach is somewhat tender and bright,1-2 more minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.