Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love spinach and I love the flavors in this recipe! If you don't have chili oil, check out my recipe for Chili-Ginger Infused Oil Chili-Ginger Infused Oil. From Food & Wine magazine.
- 3 lbs spinach leaves, large stems removed
- 4 inches fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plain rice vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, blanch the spinach for almost 1 minute. Drain and rinse well in cold water. Squeeze dry, coarsely chop and move to a large, shallow dish.
- In a mini food processor, finely chop the ginger. Move to a small bowl and mix with the chili oil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat the peanut oil in a medium skillet. Add the ginger and fry over moderate heat until golden, about 4 minutes. Pour through a fine sieve and drain the ginger on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce with the vinegar and sugar. Drizzle over the spinach, stir lightly and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the ginger over the spinach and serve.
yummmy. made this today when i got in and needed a fast snack while i cooked dinner and i was cooold. I was going to use far less peanut oil and i still cut in half but decided to use the larger amount so that i could then keep ginger flavored oil for other dishes.