Top Review by MarraMamba
yummmy. made this today when i got in and needed a fast snack while i cooked dinner and i was cooold. I was going to use far less peanut oil and i still cut in half but decided to use the larger amount so that i could then keep ginger flavored oil for other dishes.
- 3 lbs spinach leaves, large stems removed
- 4 inches fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chili oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plain rice vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, blanch the spinach for almost 1 minute. Drain and rinse well in cold water. Squeeze dry, coarsely chop and move to a large, shallow dish.
- In a mini food processor, finely chop the ginger. Move to a small bowl and mix with the chili oil. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat the peanut oil in a medium skillet. Add the ginger and fry over moderate heat until golden, about 4 minutes. Pour through a fine sieve and drain the ginger on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce with the vinegar and sugar. Drizzle over the spinach, stir lightly and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the ginger over the spinach and serve.