Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This no fat side is so simple simple simple and very very tasty! The Sweet Dried Cranberries plumped up in no fat chicken broth, water or even veggie broth for vegans with fresh scallions topped with toasted pine nuts for a bit of protein. Prep and cook time is really no time at all!
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth or 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sliced scallion (save a tad for garnish)
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 6 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon toasted pine nuts (optional)
- In a hot pan place broth, scallions, and cranberries cook for 1 minute.
- Add basil and spinach toss and cook 1 minute just till wilted.
- Top with pine nuts and scallions for garnish.
Very good and a definite repeat. Loved the flavor in this with so minimal fat/calories.
Fantastic! Tasty, easy and good for you too! I used the 9oz bag if spinach and substituted sesame seeds (hate pine nuts). This was a healthy, delicious side dish with my best friend who is also watching the fats. She took copy of recipe home! Thanks for an easy and wonderful recipe!
I really liked this. I used vegetable broth since its what I was using for the pasta I served this with. DH and I liked this alot but the kids didn't like it even tho they love spinach. I can see myself making this for lunch one day with some grilled chicken or fish. Thanks for posting. Next time I am going to try a vadalia onion that I'll saute first. Thanks for posting.