Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty light Egyptian salad. Yummy on it's own but would go well with salmon.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup water
- salt and pepper
- Saute onions in oil.
- Add garlic and dill to saucepan and continue to saute for two minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add spinach and water, then bring to a boil again. Cover and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm over cooked rice.
I made this tonight and it was really good. Will definitely be making it again. I served it over white rice.