1/1 Photo of Spinach With Blue Cheese and Walnuts
This came from "The Creative Vegetarian Cookbook." I have daydreams about how amazingly wonderful the flavor of this dish was. When I made it, I used regular blue cheese instead of vegetarian. I've cut this recipe in half to serve 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the spinach and remove any tough stems.
- 2Place in a saucepan with just the water left from washing clinging to the leaves and cook over low heat until the spinach wilts, about 10 minutes.
- 3Transfer the spinach to a plate and place another plate on top.
- 4Squeeze the plates together to remove excess water from the spinach.
- 5Melt the butter in the saucepan, add the spinach and the nutmeg, toss to coat.
- 6Stir in the walnuts and blue cheese.
- 7Serve immediately before the cheese melts completely.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach With Blue Cheese and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.7
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 64.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian blue cheese