Recipe by conniecooks
Quick, easy, and so delicious. A great way to serve an extremely nutritious vegetable.
- 1 (1 lb) bag fresh spinach (1 cello bag)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (homemade or bought)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (you could use Feta)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts (toasted walnuts are nice too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse sand from spinach well under cold running water.
- Cut off tough stems.
- You should have about 9 cups of loosely packed spinach leaves.
- Cook spinach & garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat (no need to add water, the water clinging to the leaves is enough) until just wilted.
- Stir occasionally.
- Drain off any excess water.
- Toss immediately with basil pesto, nutmeg, & salt & pepper.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, and toasted pine nuts.