Recipe by Mercy
A sinfully rich way to fit more leafy greens in your diet!
Top Review by babskitchen
I have been making this recipe for years and the whole family loves it. Great way to get kids to eat spinach. My recipe is exact except the measurements are a bit different and my recipe also calls for 1-1/2 tsp. of dill weed. Enjoy!!
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese (or more, to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter (or more, to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peeled, quartered potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Cover with cool water and add salt.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn down to medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain potatoes well and return to saucepan.
- Mash the potatoes with an electric mixer.
- Add the cream cheese, butter, milk and whip with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped spinach, salt and pepper.