Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice fresh healthy salad for summer
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 cups watermelon balls
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Mix first three ingredients together in a salad bowl.
- Blend together balsamic, oil, water, honey and terragon for 30 seconds, pour over salad, serve immediatly.
This was a different salad but a most enjoyable one. It is something that needs to served immediately. I used 3 cups of mixed greens for the 2 of us and about 1 cup of watermelon. I think I would like to try this again and add some thinly sliced red onion.
Loved this salad!! Unfortunately I had to use strawberries instead of watermelon this time as the only watermelon I could find at this time of year was really pricey for this tiny thing. The dressing was absolutely delicious, I wasn't sure as I was mixing it up but it was great. I don't use a lot of dressing on my salads so I had half the dressing left, I'll be making this again and again so that's just fine :). Thanks for posting AH, can't wait to try it with watermelon when it's cheaper in the summer! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011 :)