1/3 Photos of Spinach Twice Baked Potatoes
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I developed this recipe to lure my kids into eating spinach. It worked! Spinach in almost any form is one of their favorite veggies. Big "kids" enjoy these rich, filling potatoes as well, and I often make them for dinner parties. I haven't tried freezing them, but I imagine you could make a batch and stick them in the freezer to keep for another day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut a small slit on top of each potato, and place in a 400°F oven for 1 hour or until completely done.
- 2Cut each potato in half, lengthwise, and scoop out into large bowl.
- 3Place the potato shells on a baking sheet.
- 4Squeeze the spinach to get all the water out of it, and until it is fairly dry; set aside.
- 5Mash the potatoes in the bowl with the butter, sour cream and milk, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- 6Fold in the spinach and 1/2 the cheddar cheese.
- 7Fill potato shells with this mixture.
- 8Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- 9These potatoes can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator for a day prior to baking.
- 10Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese on top has melted and browned a little.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.8
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 67.7 mg
- Sodium 358.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g