Recipe by Brooke's Kitchen
Aunt Dorothea's recipe from family collection.
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
Oh my goodness this salad is wonderful and the dressing absolutely makes it! It's so delicious, I'm in spinach salad heaven right now. I love this and will keep this one on hand for regular makin's. Thanks for sharing Brooke, made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 5 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup catsup