Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Aunt Dorothea's recipe from family collection.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 5 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- Toss first five salad ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk salad dressing ingredients: salad oil, vinegar, worcester sauce, brown sugar and catsup.
- Pour over salad, toss & serve.
Oh my goodness this salad is wonderful and the dressing absolutely makes it! It's so delicious, I'm in spinach salad heaven right now. I love this and will keep this one on hand for regular makin's. Thanks for sharing Brooke, made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2011.