Recipe by bryantvenice
I got this recipe out of a magazine at my mother in laws house. I tried it and it is very tasty and easy. My kids even eat it so it is a good way to get them to eat spinach. You can even buy the spinach tortellini instead of the cheese if you want. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by BethHughes
Absolutely delicious! I took leftovers to work and even the co-worker who is garlic-sensitive raved about it! I made the recipe as is, except at the end I added a bit of white wine to make it more liquidy (I used more tortellini than called for). Next time I may add a chopped tomato and use half & half (to cut calories etc). Real comfort food at it's best!
- 16 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 9 ounces frozen chopped spinach (defrost)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for tortellini.
- Add tortellini and while that is cooking in a frying pan saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Put spinach in microwave for a minute or two and then squeeze water out of it.
- Add spinach, basil, salt, and pepper to onion and garlic.
- Saute additional 5 minutes.
- Drain tortellini.
- Add cream, parmesan cheese, and tortellini to pan.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.