Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe out of a magazine at my mother in laws house. I tried it and it is very tasty and easy. My kids even eat it so it is a good way to get them to eat spinach. You can even buy the spinach tortellini instead of the cheese if you want. Hope you enjoy!
- 16 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 9 ounces frozen chopped spinach (defrost)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Boil water for tortellini.
- Add tortellini and while that is cooking in a frying pan saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Put spinach in microwave for a minute or two and then squeeze water out of it.
- Add spinach, basil, salt, and pepper to onion and garlic.
- Saute additional 5 minutes.
- Drain tortellini.
- Add cream, parmesan cheese, and tortellini to pan.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Absolutely delicious! I took leftovers to work and even the co-worker who is garlic-sensitive raved about it! I made the recipe as is, except at the end I added a bit of white wine to make it more liquidy (I used more tortellini than called for). Next time I may add a chopped tomato and use half & half (to cut calories etc). Real comfort food at it's best!