Here's a great way to get your green vegetables in! I really love this as an accompaniment to a nice steak, which makes a complete meal. And it's super easy, too.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly and prick the skins with a fork. Rub lightly with oil.
- Place in a very shallow baking pan and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes feel soft.
- Meanwhile, squeeze spinach to remove excess moisture. Saute in butter for 5 minutes. Add sour cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Heat and stir about 2 minutes. Keep warm.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cut an "X" on top of each potato. Squeeze sides to force open. Spoon topping on potatoes.
Thoroughly enjoyed! Really like the addition of spinach and that the fat can easily be cut by using fat free sour cream. Made as written using fat free sour cream and what a nice touch the dash of is nutmeg. Cut recipe to serve two, next time will make one or two extra so that we can pack for work lunch. Will be making again. Thanks so much for the post.
I enjoyed the spinach and sour cream on the potatoes. The nutmeg was a very nice touch! Thanks Jackie!