Recipe by BamaBelle30
This is an easy and delicious recipe. Hope you enjoy!!
Top Review by cricketbird
I like quick meals on Fridays when I have to work late, and this fits the bill. I had to sub meat tortellini, personal preference, and used two packages. One wasn't quite enough, only 12 oz., but the rest I kept the same, and it was wonderful. This is definitely a Friday night keeper in our house!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While you get the tortellini going, combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil, and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, and cream.
- Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese.
- Heat through, then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tortellini, but do not rinse, then pour them into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to coat and serve.