Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From Outpost Natural Foods. In their Diabetes Fighting Foods flyer.
Top Review by SweetySJD
This was just great! I used lots of spinach. Just a little bit of salt and pepper brought out the fresh flavors. I had this for a light dinner and it really hit the spot. Thanks Cheesehead!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small roma tomato, chopped
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute Roma tomato until slightly tender.
- Add egg mixture and scramble until eggs are soft set.
- Add baby spinach leaves, stir for 30 seconds, turn off heat and cover skillet for one minute.
- Portion on two plates and top with feta cheese and chopped walnuts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.