Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
From Outpost Natural Foods. In their Diabetes Fighting Foods flyer.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small roma tomato, chopped
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, for garnish
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute Roma tomato until slightly tender.
- Add egg mixture and scramble until eggs are soft set.
- Add baby spinach leaves, stir for 30 seconds, turn off heat and cover skillet for one minute.
- Portion on two plates and top with feta cheese and chopped walnuts.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This was just great! I used lots of spinach. Just a little bit of salt and pepper brought out the fresh flavors. I had this for a light dinner and it really hit the spot. Thanks Cheesehead!
I made this for a weekend breakfast and used 4 whole eggs and also did some amount adjustments, changed the olive oil to butter and used 2 small Roma (plum) tomatoes, my DH loved this, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)
My favorite meal of the day has got to be breakfast, and when I have a chance to actually invest some time into the meal I can really make it into a feast. I had some free time to myself this morning before heading into the office and was able to whip this up easily. Wow, this is delicious! I used a local salty white cheese which is a little sturdier than feta, and it went fantastically with the spinach and eggs. I did add some hot paprika and some za'atar, because that's really how I like my eggs. This, together with some whole grain toast and a milky cup of coffee, started off my day wonderfully! Thanks!