Recipe by alijen
Easy quiche for anytime. I especially like it for dinner with nothing more than fresh fruit on the side. I often make it with only egg whites and fat-free cottage cheese to lighten it up.
Top Review by Miss Annie
This is a wonderful recipe. Fill of flavor and color. I followed the recipe exactly, except I omitted the tomatoes. I would have loved them in this recipe, but I didn't have any. Summer tomatoes will be fabulous and add another flavor layer. The cottage cheese made it substantial and added a nice density. This is a definate keeper in my Zaar Star Cookbook. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease or spray with Pam a 9-inch pie plate.
- Press all the water out of the thawed spinach.
- Combine cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, spinach, eggs, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the mixture into the lightly greased pie plate.
- Arrange tomato slices over spinach.
- Cover with the remaining spinach mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.