1/1 Photo of Spinach-Tomato Quesadillas With 3 Cheeses
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This is an interesting take on quesadillas, adapted from Great Good Food by Julee Rosso. The recipe calls for these to be baked in the oven rather than done in a skillet. When we had them they were a bit flimsy for eating by hand - but that might be because I used an insulated baking sheet - they may benefit from browning on the bottom a bit. The recipe lists fresh herbs, but I used dried (teaspoons instead of tablespoons) and they were delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup low-fat goat cheese
- 2/3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions (I didn't use quite this much, personal preference)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapenos
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Preheat the oven to 425.
- 2In a blender, puree the goat cheese, cottage cheese, half the mozzarella and pepper to taste.
- 3Saute the onions, garlic and spinach in a little olive oil (the original recipe doesn't call for sauteeing, but I like it better that way - so you can skip this step if you prefer).
- 4Place 2 tortillas on a baking sheet. Spread half the cheese mixture on each tortilla to within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- 5Sprinkle half of each remaining ingredient over each tortilla.
- 6Top with the other 2 tortillas.
- 7Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the top of the quesadillas.
- 8Bake for 8-10 minutes, or till cheese begins to brown.
- 9Slice each into 4 wedges and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Tomato Quesadillas With 3 Cheeses
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 1062.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat goat cheese