Prep 25 mins
Cook 55 mins
This flaky phyllo bake is an excellent mix of flavors. This is very nutritious and great tasting.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 sheets phyllo dough (14 oz.x9inches)
- butter-flavored cooking spray (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter works well)
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl,combine the first nine ingredients;set aside.
- Spritz one sheet of phyllo dough with butter flavored spray. Place in a 8 inch square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, allowing one end of dough to hang over edge of dish. Repeat with four more phyllo sheets,staggering the overhanging phyllo around edges of dish. (Keep the remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.).
- Spoon a third of the spinach mixture into crust. Layer with half the tomatoes, another third of the spinach mixture, remaining tomatoes,and remaining spinach mixture. Spritz and layer remaining phyllo dough as before.
- Gently fold ends of dough over filling and toward center of baking dish;spritz with butter flavored spray. Cover edges with foil. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.