Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Very flavorful with the crunch of toasted pine nuts. This one I copied after trying some at a local deli. It turned out great. Try it, you'll be making this often!
- 340.19 g tri-color radiatore pasta, uncooked (or other tricolor pasta, such as bow-ties, etc.)
- 85.04 g baby spinach leaves
- 99.22 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 118.29 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 59.14 ml small caper
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml white wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al-dente; drain.
- Cut tomatoes in a thin slice (julienne) and place in a salad bowl, along with pasta, spinach leaves, pine nuts, and capers; mix well.
- Stir together olive oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper and pour over salad, tossing to mix and coat evenly.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving to combine flavors, and chill.
Made this for a family BBQ lunch - 16 people polished it off quite handily and pronounced it delicious!
Deelish! I made some changes, but I still think it deserves five stars. Ohh, the pine nuts with sundried tomatoes! Love them!! I omitted the capers and only used a couple tablespoons of olive oil (don't love the strong taste of extra-virgin). I also added extra spinach; I actually am going to eat leftovers over a bed of spinach leaves, it's just easier ;-) Thanks for a simple, yummy pasta salad!