- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini (coarsely grated, squeeze out excess moisture)
- 40 g spinach leaves (baby 4 cups)
- 70 g sun-dried tomatoes (99% fat free 1/3 cup)
- 4 (50 g) eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 50 g low-fat ricotta (fresh crumbled)
- 2 slices sourdough bread (1cm thick or gluten free bread toasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half of the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add the zucchini to the pan and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until the zucchini softens.
- Transfer the zucchini to a medium bowl and add the spinach and tomatoes and to to combine and set aside and cover to keep warm.
- Wipe the pan with paper towel to clean and then heat the remaining oil in the pan on medium.
- Put the eggs in a small bowl and season with pepper and whisk to combine and pour into a jug and add half the egg mixture to the pan, then swirl to coat base of pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the omelette is almost set.
- Use a flat bladed knife to carefully slide around the edge of the omelette to loosen.
- Spoon half the zucchini mixture over one half of the omelette and sprinkle with half of the ricotta and then flip over the uncovered half of the omelette to cover filling and slide the omelette onto a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining egg, zucchini mixture and ricotta to make a second omelette.
- Sprinkle the omelettes with pepper to serve and accompany with the sourdough toasted.