Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an old favorite that my sister and I have been making for years! The simple, subtle flavors really allow fresh spring and summer produce to shine, making for a nice light alternative to heavily sauced pasta. You can really be creative here with the greens...try arugula, or chard, or even collards! The original recipe doesn't call for salt or pepper so feel free to leave them out, but I think it really adds a nice something. Enjoy!
- 9 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced (or 3 cloves fresh)
- 1 (9 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 6 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Cook Fettuccini according to package directions.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and pine nuts. Saute for one or two minutes until pine nuts are lightly browned. Stir in spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted. Add tomatoes and cook until they are warm.
- Spoon spinach mixture over the fettuccini and top with parmesan cheese.
Impeccable! The fresh clean flavors really shine in this lovely meal, we also really enjoyed that the tomatoes were just warmed without being fully cooked. Made as written using roasted garlic and the fresh cracked pepper option, this recipe is a true keeper. Thanks for the post.
Delicioso! I loved the fresh flavors. Each ingredient really has the chance to be showcased..the fresh tomatoes, spinach, garlic, pine nuts. I also loved that this recipe was so quick and easy. This will go into my favorites. Grazie! Made during ZWT7 for the Golden Gourmets.