1/19 Photos of Spinach, Tomato and Feta Quiche
This is an impressive looking quiche that's easy to personalise to your own tastes. You may like to try red peppers instead of the tomato, add a few mushrooms, maybe some asparagus...you get the idea! I served this with a nice salad, a vegetable side dish and a cheese plate for a nice summer meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package frozen shortcrust pastry dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves, trimmed and washed thoroughly
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup creme fraiche (you can also use heavy cream or milk)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Two hours before you want to make the quiche, take the dough out of the freezer to defrost.
- 2When you're ready to start, lay the dough into either a 10 inch quiche or springform baking pan, making sure you have enough dough to form a crust around the edge.
- 3The crust should come 1 to 1 1/2 inches up the side of the pan.
- 4Crumble the feta cheese onto the bottom of the crust.
- 5Pour the olive oil into a saucepan and, when it is heated, throw in the spinach and cook until wilted.
- 6Spread the spinach over the feta cheese.
- 7Beat the eggs, garlic and creme fraiche together.
- 8Pour over top of the feta cheese and spinach.
- 9Place cherry tomatoes on top of the quiche.
- 10Sprinkle chives and ground pepper on top.
- 11Bake at 350 F or 180 C for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Tomato and Feta Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 251.7 mg
- Sodium 239.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shortcrust pastry dough