Recipe by Miss_Elaine
After a few modifications, I have come up with the perfect combination of delicious, low-fat, healthy version of stuffed shells. I have served these at dinner parties to meat-eaters who don't even realize they are eating tofu!
- 1 (24 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 2 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce (or 1 jar of your favorite Ragu)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (14 ounce) container soft tofu, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare shells al dente, per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients except spaghetti sauce in a large mixing bowl, reserving 1/4 C (or desired amount) of mozerella.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish (or equivilant) with non-stick spray and spread 1/2 C sauce into the bottom.
- Using a spoon, carefully fill shells with cheese mixture, placing snuggly together into baking dish, open side up.
- Pour remaining sauce over shells, and top with mozerella, as desired.
- Bake covered at 350 for 30-40 min, then uncovered until cheese is bubbly and golden (10-15 min). Allow to sit for atleast 15-20 min before serving.