you can use a jar of sauce or make you own for the manacotti
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh spinach, stems trimmed and well washed or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- kosher salt, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 12 manicotti
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb firm tofu, drain and crumble to resemble ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or a mixture of half Pecorino and Parmesan)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, and season generously with salt.
- 2Fill a medium bowl with ice water and season with salt, as well.
- 3Boil the spinach, uncovered, until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4Remove with a slotted spoon, (do not drain), and immediately plunge the spinach into the ice water.
- 5Drain and squeeze the excess water from the spinach, and finely chop.
- 6Alternatively, if using thawed spinach, simply squeeze, and finely chop.
- 7In the same large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta shells until al dente, tender but still slightly firm.
- 8Drain and pat dry.
- 9Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 10Cover the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch ovenproof baking dish with 1 cup of the marinara sauce.
- 11In a medium mixing bowl, evenly combine the tofu, mozzarella, and 1/3 cup of the Parmesan, the eggs, and the spinach.
- 12Season with the 1/2 teaspoon salt, nutmeg, and pepper to taste.
- 13Spoon the cheese mixture into the manicotti shell and line them up in the baking dish.
- 14Cover with the remaining sauce.
- 15Scatter the remaining cheese on top and dot with the butter.
- 16Bake for 30 minutes.
- 17Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for spinach tofu manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 97.3 mg
- Sodium 991.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: