Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy. Casserole with a kick.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Saute beef, onion, and garlic in large saucepan until beef is browned.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, chili powder, and vinegar. Add more salt/chili powder to taste preference. Simmer.
- Layer in a casserole dish chips, cheese, spinach, and meat mixture. Repeat until all of ingredients are used. Top layer should be cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with hot sauce.
Wow. Alright, this recipe elevated me to hero status. My first one off of the website and a true hit. My wife loved the night out of the kitchen. My 2 year old loved it until my 4 year old said he didn't like it, out of spite. I had to hold back in order to save some for tomorrow at work. Delicious!