Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and tasty...can freeze unbaked casserole for future use.
- 32 ounces frozen chopped spinach, cooked and squeezed dry (wrap in clean kitchen towel and twist until dry)
- 16 ounces artichoke hearts, drained, squeezed dry and chopped (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 dash nutmeg
- breadcrumbs (Italian is good)
- Line bottom of small casserole dish with chopped artichoke hearts.
- In medium bowl mix together butter and cream cheese.
- Stir prepared spinach into butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper; blend well.
- Spread spinach mixture over artichoke hearts.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- At this point, you can cover tightly and freeze for future use. Defrost before baking.
- Bake 350 degrees 20 - 25 minutes or until hot.
I loooove spinach and I have made the same old spinach casserole for years and years! So this was a welcome change from the norm. I did add about 3/4 cup of swiss cheese to this, because we are crazy for cheese! This went well with mashed potatoes, garlic bread and italian meatloaf for dinner! I will make this again and again! With a few changes this would make a lovely spread for slices of toasted French bread as well! Thanks for posting! [Made for Holiday Tag October 2009]
Easy and always gets rave reviews!
We all loved this rich, creamy dish. I knew it was going to be great when I taste tested it before it went in the oven. I added a bunch of granulated garlic powder and left out the artichokes because we don't care for them. I served this with recipe #377589 and they were great together. I'm glad I finally found a new way to serve spinach- I never know what to do with it. Thanks Gailann for another keeper. Made for PRMR tag.