Recipe by G.I. Joe Girl
This recipe comes from Pampered Chef's "Recipes From the Heart" fundraiser cookbook. I don't know if they make the book anymore, but I keep losing this recipe (lost my book years ago) so I am posting it here for safe keeping. Luckily, my mom still has her copy of the recipe. My kids LOVE it when I make it creamier, add artichokes, and serve it with tortilla chips. Makes a great spinach-artichoke dip.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- In Small skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- Add crumbs.
- Cook and Stir until light and browned.
- Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine spinach, 1 Celsius cheese, sour cream, and soup mix.
- Pour into greased 11x7 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ½ Celsius cheese and top with browned crumbs.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.