Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes. It is a complete entree that will make your mouth dance with the variety of flavor in this stuffed chicken. When shopping for chicken or produce, try to get as many fresh Natural or Organic ingredients as possible. It is healthier and taste better.
- 4 (6 ounce) all natural hormone free boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 -4 cups spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 of a maui onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup gruyere cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup clarified butter or 1⁄8 cup bacon grease
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1⁄4 bunch chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 5 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 -2 cup whole milk, as needed
- Place a long piece of plastic wrap over your cutting board and place 1 chicken breast at a time top side down on the wrap. Then fold the plastic wrap over the Chicken. (Covering the chicken with the plastic will help in pounding the chicken with the meat mallet.) Then pound the chicken evenly to spread the flesh of the chicken out so you get an even ¼ to ½ inch thick piece of chicken. Once pounded out into a single thin piece you will be able to stuff and roll them up. Season the breasts with salt and pepper.
- Soak sun dried tomatoes in boiling hot water for 15 minute While there soaking mix the Olive oil and clarified butter/bacon grease together. Then in a saute pan pour half of your oil mixture in and heat the pan on a medium high. Add the sliced onions in and cook for 3-4 minute then add in minced garlic and cook for an additional 2 minute salt and pepper mix to taste. Drain off oil and lightly tossed the spinach in the onion mix and place in a bowl, add in the sliced sun dried tomatoes and allow to cool. Place the Spinach mix evenly on each breast. Sprinkle the cheese on top of your spinach mix and then fold in each end and roll tightly. Secure breasts with toothpicks. Add the remainder of your oil mix to the pan heat on medium high. Add breasts to the pan and brown on all sides, cooking chicken 10 to 12 minutes. The meat will cook quickly because it is thin. Allow to rest to keep moister in (at least 5min.) Drain the oil from the sauté pan and deglaze the pan by adding in the red wine, then add the balsamic vinegar and the honey. Boil on a medium heat until reduced by 2/3.
- Boil the potatoes until tender. Then mash the potatoes and whip chopped chives, parsley, basil, granulated garlic, milk, butter, salt and freshly ground pepper into the potatoes with a beater.
- Slice each chicken roll to expose the stuffed interior. Place mashed potatoes in center of each plate. Place the stuffed chicken around potatoes in a circle. Then Drizzle the balsamic reduction in a circler motion around the outside of the chicken.
- By: Travis W Holland.