Recipe by ForeverMama
This is a Paula Deen recipe and one I enjoy very much. Not only does it go well with your favorite meat/fish but it's great on its own. I've made extras just so I could have some for work lunch the next day. Yum!
- 5 large yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush cut side of squash with olive oil; sprinkle with salt, and pepper. Place squash, cut side down, on a lined baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, or until tender. Scoop out pulp, keeping shells intact; reserve pulp. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until transparent. To the skillet, add stuffing mix, spinach, sour cream, Cheddar and squash pulp. Mix together and add salt and pepper, to taste. Cook for 3 minutes. Spoon mixture evenly into squash shells. Place on baking sheet, and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through.