1/3 Photos of Spinach Stuffed Turkey Roll Redone
1 hr 25 mins
After trying another recipe for this from here on Zaar and finding it very bland I re-did it and this is the result. Got inspiration from Shaye and Taste of Home magazine. This is a good, low carb, low fat meal with a ton of flavor. Very pretty when sliced too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped, greens and all
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeeze dry
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons onions, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 -1 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms, green onions, celery and chopped garlic in butter till tender.
- 2Stir in spinach and salt, heat through.
- 3Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 4Add in Parmesan cheese.
- 5In a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs.
- 6minced onion, smashed garlic, soup mix and black pepper.
- 7Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- 8On a large piece of foil or wax paper pat turkey mixture into rectangle that is about a half inch thick.
- 9Spread the cooled spinach mixture to within 1 inch of the edges.
- 10Roll up, starting with the short side, seal seams and the ends. You use the foil or the wax paper to help with the rolling.
- 11Place seam side down on a foil lined pan that at least has a lip on it (to catch any juices), (coat foil with cooking spray).
- 12Cover and bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes.
- 13Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer until meat thermometer reads 165°F.
- 14Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Stuffed Turkey Roll Redone
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 156.1 mg
- Sodium 1122.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 30.1 g