Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a pretty low-calorie meatloaf. It is from the Quaker website and has a 5 out of 5 rating there.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 3⁄4 cup Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Lightly spray medium skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook mushrooms and onion in skillet over medium-low heat 4 minutes or until onion is tender; remove from heat.
- Add spinach, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, oats, milk, egg white, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Spoon 2/3 of turkey mixture lengthwise down center of 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
- Form a deep indentation down middle of turkey; fill indentation with reserved spinach mixture.
- Top with remaining turkey, forming a loaf.
- Seal edges to completely enclose spinach filling.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until thermometer registers 170°F and juices show no pink color.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
LOVE this. I usually don't mess with recipes but on this one I made a mistake and added the saut?ed mushrooms and onions to the meat mixture instead of the spinach stuffing and it was awesome!!! To avoid bread we always substitute bread crumbs for almond meal, and WOW, SOOOO GOOD in this too!! Making it again 3 days later from my first attempt ;-). Family of 3 ate the entire loaf in one night!!
This was a great addition to our menu. DH thought it was better with more salt & pepper (as usual). I used ground flax seed in place of the egg white and left the cheese off the top.