Recipe by Pinay0618
This is a pretty low-calorie meatloaf. It is from the Quaker website and has a 5 out of 5 rating there.
Top Review by Vicki S.
Great recipe I did use fresh spinach, and a mixture of parmesan, feta, Italian cheese mixture, came out great and stayed together, the mushrooms, scallions, and cheese in the center is delish ... thanks
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 3⁄4 cup Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Lightly spray medium skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook mushrooms and onion in skillet over medium-low heat 4 minutes or until onion is tender; remove from heat.
- Add spinach, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, oats, milk, egg white, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Spoon 2/3 of turkey mixture lengthwise down center of 11 x 7-inch glass baking dish.
- Form a deep indentation down middle of turkey; fill indentation with reserved spinach mixture.
- Top with remaining turkey, forming a loaf.
- Seal edges to completely enclose spinach filling.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until thermometer registers 170°F and juices show no pink color.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.