Recipe by dicentra
I don’t know where I got this recipe. It has been in my files for awhile now. I haven’t tried it yet, but it sounds like a great, easy vegetarian dinner. Serve with rice or cous cous.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Super duper side dish!! I used canned spinach-squeezed dry (might be a no-no, but still good) and cottage cheese--topped it with a leetle sprinkle of Italian blend cheese and YUMMO!
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cottage cheese (ricotta would work too)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Cut the top ¼ inch off of the tomatoes. Scoop out the pulp and seeds. Discard the seeds and reserve the pulp. Chop the pulp.
- Combine with cheeses, bread crumbs and spinach.
- Stuff the tomatoes and place in the baking dish.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake until the tomatoes are soft and the filling is set (about 30 minutes).
- Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes, allowing the tops to brown.