Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Make and share this Spinach-Stuffed Sole With Lemon-Chive Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (4 ounce) sole fillets, skinless (fresh or frozen) or 4 (4 ounce) flounder (fresh or frozen) or 4 (4 ounce) fish fillets, about 1/4 inch thick (fresh or frozen)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix, slightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (see tip below)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- snipped fresh chives (optional) or thinly sliced green onion (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen.
- Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- For filling, drain spinach; squeeze out excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl combine spinach, egg, stuffing mix, and almonds.
- Spoon one-fourth of the filling onto the widest end of each fillet.
- Roll up, securing rolls with wooden toothpicks.
- Place fish in a greased 2-quart square baking dish.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and filling is heated through.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine sour cream, mayonnaise, thyme, lemon peel, and mustard.
- Cook and stir over low heat until until heated through (do not boil).
- Remove from heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on low speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Fold whipped cream and the 1 tablespoon chives into sour cream mixture.
- Serve immediately over fish.
- If desired, sprinkle with additional snipped chives or thinly sliced green onions.