Source: Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) sole fillets, skinless (fresh or frozen) or 4 (4 ounce) flounder (fresh or frozen) or 4 (4 ounce) fish fillets, about 1/4 inch thick (fresh or frozen)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix, slightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted (see tip below)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or 1/3 cup salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- snipped fresh chives (optional) or thinly sliced green onion (optional)
- 1Thaw fish, if frozen.
- 2Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- 3Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- 4For filling, drain spinach; squeeze out excess liquid.
- 5In a medium bowl combine spinach, egg, stuffing mix, and almonds.
- 6Spoon one-fourth of the filling onto the widest end of each fillet.
- 7Roll up, securing rolls with wooden toothpicks.
- 8Place fish in a greased 2-quart square baking dish.
- 9Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and filling is heated through.
- 10Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine sour cream, mayonnaise, thyme, lemon peel, and mustard.
- 11Cook and stir over low heat until until heated through (do not boil).
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on low speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- 14Fold whipped cream and the 1 tablespoon chives into sour cream mixture.
- 15Serve immediately over fish.
- 16If desired, sprinkle with additional snipped chives or thinly sliced green onions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach-Stuffed Sole With Lemon-Chive Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.4
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 573.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix