- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 beaten egg white
- 1 cup herbed croutons
- 1⁄2 cup cream-style low-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- 4 (3/4 lb) sole fillets (or other thin fish fillets) or 4 (3/4 lb) flounder fillets (or other thin fish fillets)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave safe casserole microcook spinach, uncovered on 100% power, high, 3 to 5 minutes or till thawed, breaking up with a fork after 2 minutes.
- Press to drain well.
- Stir together egg white, croutons, cottage, cheese, carrot, and sauce, stir in spinach.
- Spray four 10 oz microwave safe custard cups with veggie spray.
- Line cups with fillets, trimming and piecing as necessary.
- Fill centres with spinach mixture.
- Cover with waxed paper, or film.
- Cook on high 5 to 6 minutes or till fish just flakes and stuffing is hot, rotating and rearranging cups once.
- Fresh spinach may be used, just bypass #1 of the instructions and dry bread crumbs can replace the croutons.