Katys recipe.. a little more prepwork after thawed... But well worth the work.
Make and share this Spinach Stuffed Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces large shell noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen Baby Spinach, chopped (about one bag)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (I use about 1/2c)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- preheat oven 350.
- cook jumbo shells according to pkg direction: drain, reserve 1/2 c pasta water.
- cook ground beef.
- stir in oil, spinach, onion, garlic.
- add some of the pasta water until blended well.
- let mixture cool.
- stir in egg and parmesan cheese.
- Freeze stuffing if making it for a freezer recipe.
- Serving Directions: pour 1 c tomato basil sauce into 13x9 baking dish.
- fill jumbo shells with meat mixture; place in dish.
- pour remaining sauce over shells.
- cover with foil.
- bake 30 min or until thoroughly heated.