Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very good...very easy to make as well.
- 24 large shell macaroni
- 1 (32 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook jumbo shells according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Spoon 1 cup spaghetti sauce into lightly greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Combine spinach, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, onion, parsley, oregano, hot sauce and nutmeg.
- Stuff each shell with 1-1/2 tablespoons spinach mixture and arrange in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining spaghetti sauce over shells; sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
This recipe was sooo great! Definitely a keeper that my whole family enjoyed. I used about 8 extra shells to use up remaining filling too.