Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I came up with and use alot, it's quick & easy, delicious and makes a great presentation.
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 6 -8 medium portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Defrost spinach and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Mix in eggs, bread crumbs, cheeses and seasoning.
- Stuff into Mushroom caps.
- Place caps on non- stick cookie sheet, Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
This was good and very simple to prepare. Everyone enjoyed it but I will use a stronger flavored cheese next time.
This was so easy to prepare and really quite good. I normally don't like portabellos but DH brought home a huge box from Costco so I turned to Zaar and found this recipe. I always keep frozen spinach on hand as well as assorted cheeses so I gave the recipe a try. Guess what, I now like portobello mushrooms. The ingredients worked so well together! I will definitely make this again! Thanks for converting me, Kevin. C C
Made this when we had an out of town guest, and everyone loved it. Followed as written except used a mozzarella/provolone mix. Simple to make and delicious!